Monday 19 September 2011

Monday Music #1



I was done with my homework and I had some time left before going to bed and reading a little bit more of Pride and Prejudice. What am I gonna do? I asked myself. Write a post. I answered immediatly.
I then opened blogger's homepage and thought: what am I going to write about? School? Nah, it's boring.
After some thought, I decided to create a sort of rubric, called Monday Music. Basically, I just post a song that I've been listening to and that's it! It's a way of making me update the blog, and not leaving everything paused. What do you think of the idea?

Enough rambling, let's cut to the chase. The song I chose this week is "Bless the Broken Road", by a band called Rascal Flatts. They're awesome! I don't usually listen to country music much, except for some Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum songs, but I just think this song and its lyrics are beautiful. It talks about overcoming obstacles and seeing them as "northern stars" (as the lyrics say), which point the way to the goal.
Enjoy!

**********

Já tinha acabado os tpc e ainda tinha algum tempo antes de ir para a cama e ler um bocadinho do Orgulho e Preconceito. O que vou fazer?, perguntei a mim mesma. Escrever um post!, respondi imediatamente.
Depois abri a página do blogger e pensei: sobre o que é que vou escrever? Escola? Nah, isso é aborrecido. Decidi então criar uma espécie de rúbrica, chamada "Monday Music". Basicamente, posto aqui uma música que tenha andado a ouvir muito nos dias anteriores e pronto! É uma maneira de me obrigar a vir ao blog, a não deixar as coisas paradas, estagnadas. O que acham da ideia?

Chega de conversa, vamos ao que interessa. A música que escolhi esta semana é "Bless The Broken Road", de uma banda chamada Rascal Flatts. São fantásticos! Não costumo ouvir muita música country, excepto algumas músicas da Taylor Swift e dos Lady Antebellum, mas acho que esta música e a letra são belíssimas. Fala sobre ultrapassar obstáculos e vê-los como estrelas polares (como diz a letra), que apontam para a nossa meta.
Apreciem!

No comments:

Post a Comment